Tuesday, February 01, 2005

Maternity Clothes

I don't need maternity clothes yet but, man, my clothes aren't fitting so well. I am down to 3 or 4 skirts and a pair of draw string pants that feel comfortable. I am only starting to pooch a bit, but I have lost my waist and I really miss it. I bought a pair of maternity pants a few weeks ago but, even with the adjustable belt all the way in, they're still really big. Yesterday I wore a skirt that had been comfortable only the week before but, by the afternoon, I had to unhook the top and unzip a bit so I didn't feel miserable. And I've only just realized that most of my sweaters are cropped and only draw attention to my changing figure.

At lunch I went shopping. I went to maternity section at Old Navy and, I swear, they must make those clothes for pregnant teenagers! Perhaps when it's warmer and I'm chubbier I'll buy some t-shirts or a sundress there, but right now there's not a single thing I would wear to work.

At Motherhood I scored with a cute skirt and a jacket for $19.99. Yes, the low amazing price of $19.99. God bless the end of season sale. My coats still fit, but they won't in 6 weeks and it will still be coat weather in Chicago in March. By then the stores will only have spring and summer clothes and I would be screwed, or wearing Eli's poncho. Yikes.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sasha@Pw said...

Try this site for all your stylish maternity needs. And not just for pregnant teenagers too. :) http://www.maternitymall.com/home.asp

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home