Sunday, October 09, 2005

Gambling Girl



This picture is already a week or so old, but I know some of you are jonesing for recent glimpse of the bambina so this one will have to tide you over until my lazy butt can take and post some more. When her hair is wet it gets quite curly, so we're holding out hope that she might have ringlets, like her Daddy. Her hair is already coming in pretty light beneath the dark and some of her longer hairs are getting golden. I was born with a shock of black hair and, by about one, I was pretty light haired. I was never a baldie or, judging from pictures and my mom's memory, never lost any of my hair so we're betting on the same for Yelena.

Speaking of betting, the odds are in for eye color. Of course, these are revised odds. A true gamble would have been betting at birth.

VEGAS ODDS

  • Brown - 1:2
  • Hazel Green -1:4
  • Green - 3:20
  • Hazel Gray - 1:20
  • Blue - 1:20

The London Book Makers disagree:

  • Brown - 2:5
  • Hazel Green -1:5
  • Green - 1:5
  • Hazel Gray - 2:25
  • Blue - 2:25
  • Other - 1:25

I'm not quite sure what the London bookies' "Other" entails, but if you bet on that and she comes out with yellow cat eyes or violet eyes, a la Elizabeth Taylor, you can help us pay for her college education.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home