Friday, March 18, 2005

To peek or not to peek

In a week from yesterday we go for our 20 week ultrasound. I am very excited, but now I'm not so sure I want to check the baby's privates. I feel so icky about predetermined gender roles (Don't even think about getting my daughter a Barbie! Unless you want it to end up as an object lesson on how to cut and spike a Mohawk.) that I am hesitant about creating preconceived gender notions this early in the game. I have also enjoyed not knowing up until this point and I think another 20 weeks of ignorance would be bliss. It's not like we'd paint the baby room pink or anything, regardless. But Eli really wants to find out. I'm glad I have six more days to decide, but I'm kind of hoping that the baby will feel modest next Thursday and keeps its fetal legs crossed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home