Wednesday, July 13, 2005

90% Baked

According to the recipe this baby is 90% baked as of today. Of course, oven temperatures vary and some babies come out a little chewy and others crispy so there's no telling if the baby is done until it comes out of the oven. At this point the center isn't raw so no risk of contamination. Hopefully, the baby will be a point. (I love when one orders meat in France and the waiter says, "A point?" in this droll tone that implies to order your meat in any other fashion would prove you a complete buffoon.)
More exciting than only having 10% of this gestation left is that I only have 10 more work days left, including today! Then a bit of time off before my new 24-7 career begins. It can't be any less intellectually stimulating than commercial real estate. And I won't have to calculate the baby's IRR every quarter.
On another baby note, our Fuzzi Bunz arrived yesterday. They are so cute! I demonstrated to Eli how they work and he declared, "I don't see what the big deal is. They seem just as easy as disposable." And will save about $1,000/year and countless pounds of petroleum and land fill waste. I actually think the snaps will be easier than that damn diaper adhesive tape that, every time I have changed a baby, always manages to somehow stick to itself or tear the disposable diaper a bit. Then again, I am incompetent with things like that, so it's as if the snaps were designed with me in mind. I am looking forward to the baby's umbilicus falling off so we can have little colored fuzzy buns!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home