Monday, October 10, 2005

Medical update

Oh, yeah. Yelena's doctor appointement went well on Friday, although the immunizations were a bit traumatic for me as well as Yelena. When you have a generally cheerful, tearless baby it's impossible not to be affected by her wailing. She was a bit grumpy the rest of the day and then quite sleepy, but no fever. She seemed most irritated by the fact that, per the doctor's instructions, we weren't allowed to bicycle her legs. Now it's as if it never happened
Yelena weighed in at 11 lbs. 12 oz. Chubbalove! Already some of her 0-3 month clothes don't fit. We got a lot of adorable clothing hand-me-downs and gifts but, with the exception of not 1 but 2 pink fuzzy hoodie combos and 1 sleeper, very few warm things. And almost no footies. Like a 9 week old baby can keep her socks on. Yo, it's cold in Chicago! I need to use some of our gift certificate to go buy her some warmer clothes since I refuse to be cooped up completely and I simply will not turn up the heat in our house past 65. (If we were still Yelena-less, I'd keep it at 62. I like a cold house and warm blankets.) I know when it's 10 degrees out we won't be going for walks, but she needs some outfits that will keep her cozy, with a blanket or her car seat snuggly, in the fall.
We also ordered a big girl stroller yesterday. The Snap and Go is good for short trips out of the car and will come in handy when I fly to the LBC for Thanksgiving. But walking in the city with the Valco will truly rock. Plus there's a todler seat attachment so, if we have a second kid we won't have to go out and buy a whole new stroller.
I better fold some laundry -- ah! my mundane life! -- while the lioness still sleepeth. Perhaps I will post about something non-baby related in the next few days. Ha ha ha.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home