Wednesday, December 07, 2005

Now is the Winter of our Content

I've been too busy to blog, but if you asked me how I've filled my days since the last post I don't think I could tell you. Time is a vortex. But a pleasant vortex.

Yelena turned four months last Sunday, although her four month check-up isn't until tomorrow. I am looking forward to finding out her exact stats and am stealing myself for the next round of immunizations. Better a few shots in the legs than some fatal disease, no? We didn't take a four month portrait of her on Sunday, but Tony and Eric were over and we got a bunch of cute pictures of Yelena and Tony dancing to Franz Ferdinand and Frank Zappa, who dwell harmoniously next to each other in our mp3 player.
Our basement floor saga continues. I'd blog the sordid details, but I fear that one day when we try to sell the house that a potential buyer might google the seller, read this blog and kill the sale. Suffice it to say, the composite tile installation was supposed to be finished yesterday, but we had some set backs and are now waiting for carpet on order. We are glad we went with a reputable company (Olson Rug and Flooring) instead of a fly-by-night contractor, since they have been honest and helpful every step of the way.
It is frigid here. We're talking 1 degree F. (I am so not going to try to spell the temperature system that is not Celsius.) When I drove to class Monday the bank near the studio proclaimed 11 F and -11 C. Cute. Tuesday I was cooking a meal for friends who just had a baby (welcome Sella Ruth!) and I ran out of garlic. I bundled up Yelena and took a spin in the Valco, which went through ice and snow like a three wheeled husky. Lest you think me barbaric for exposing my daughter to such arctic temperatures, here is evidence of her bundled-upedness, before the foot muff was zipped and the weather cover draped over. She was nice and toasty when we got back, though I can't say the same for myself.
For my winter trauma my beloved Canadian boots that have snuggled my feet and kept their treads for 5 or 6 winters no longer fit. Yup, as I discovered when I was just measured for new running shoes, my right foot grew during pregnancy. My shoes range from sizes 6-7 depending on brand and sockage and these boots are size 6. Now an official barefoot 6.5 on the right, both my toe and heel rub against the shoe, so it's hopeless. If, God willing, I have another baby, will my feet grow more? Or does this foot growth thing only happen the first time?
Finally, at my brother's request, another silly hat pic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home