Sunday, June 25, 2006

Visiting Hours

The somewhat diminished but just as lovely Big Blue Ru is still in the hospital but is set to come home tomorrow (Monday). He is recovering well from the surgery, with his vitals stronger every day and no fever or other negative reactions. The first feedings through the peg tube went well and he even ate on his own last night. They fed him a fish head. I didn't ask if it was rolly polly.
We all visited him on Saturday and I went alone today. He is wearing a sweater so we couldn't really see the feeding tube. I didn't ask for a better look since I will have to start dealing with it in a much more intimate fashion tomorrow. What did break my heart a little more is that his right forepaw is wrapped with the heplock going into it. In addition to a multitude of woes, the poor little guy is denied access to a grooming appendage. At least that will be off tomorrow.
I spent some quality time with him today, since I didn't have the distraction of a baby. The vet tech brought him in, plopped him in my lap and Cheru stayed there for 45 minutes while I pet him and read. When he gets home, he's not supposed to jump or run -- which he doesn't really seem in the mood for but give him a few days -- so we're going to buy a large dog cage for him to sit in when I'm unable to be with him. There will be room for him to walk around, see what's going on and socialize with the other cats while we can still monitor what he's eating and keep him from injuring himself. I imagine we'll be watching a lot of movies and doing a lot of reading in the next few weeks after Yelena's asleep, so Cheru can cuddle in one of our laps.
Despina and Theo seem sad, so it will be especially great to have him back home for their sakes as well. We miss our Buddha.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Poor Cheru. I'm glad he's doing OK. He's very lucky to have owners like you.

11:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home