Tuesday, February 22, 2005

Whupped

I officially had my butt kicked last night. I attended the first of two Bedouin dance choreography workshops with Abeer Will, an Egyptian dancer who lives in Germany. Even if I weren't pregnant and still a touch under the weather, three hours of dance would have done me in. The Bedouin style is a lot bouncier than classical Oriental and Abeer moves fast. Ugh. All day I have been comtemplating wussing out and not going to the second part tonight. I've already paid, so I think I will give it a shot. I can always leave early if I get too worked up. This whole accelerated heart rate thing is not a myth.
Not only was my physical stamina challenged, but my mental stamina as well. Running for a few hours may have a lot higher impact -- especially if you're not taking any breaks to break down a step -- but you're making the same repetitive motions. After a couple hours it is difficult to absorb new information.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home