Friday, March 25, 2005

A good Friday

Wow, this is one of the first times I get to take advantage of our Good Friday early close, since typically it's during one of the first two days of Passover that I take off. Whoever put together the Easter tables forgot about Adar II this year -- I guess they'll toss in the extra Christian lunar month next year. Just think of the alternate history if Jesus' last supper had been a megillah reading instead of a seder.
After a very mediocre Purim last night, I finished A Spectacle of Corruption, which was quite frivolous but enjoyable, in that historical fiction way that turns me on. After reading Stephenson's Baroque Cycle, all other novels about that time period pale a bit in adventure and detail. Just picked up Shteyngart's The Russian Debutante's Handbook which, in just the few pages I've read, has already made me laugh aloud on the el five times. It's weird having seen/heard an author before reading his book; I feel as if I were reading the book of a friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home