Monday, April 18, 2005

Baby loves the King

Last night baby went to its first Elvis Costello concert. Baby was very feisty. The concert wasn't terribly loud, but it was louder than the opera or anything I typically listen to, so I started to get a little paranoid half-way through the opening act. The baby can hear and react to noises by this point (which became apparent!), so does it follow that a baby can experience hearing damage before it's born? I doubted the decibel level was high enough to cause any lasting trauma, but I put my coat around my tummy to muffle the sound just in case, which is very silly, I know. Perhaps it cut down on the distortion, too, like my ear plugs, and provided baby with a more pleasant audio experience.
The concert was pretty good, but I was really too exhausted to enjoy it properly. I can't wait until this move is over and I can get some rest.
Unless baby decides to arrive two weeks early, baby will hear Elvis once more in utero at Ravinia on July 27.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home