Monday, April 11, 2005

Pack horse

I hate packing. I am a dust dragon, spouting detritus from my nostrils. It is amazing how much sneaky dust shares my living space, only to be released upon the universe at moving time. I swear I will vacuum and dust the bookshelves on a regular basis once we move. We swears it nasty dusty hobbit.
All the books, except for a few in reserve to read over the next two weeks, are packed. Ditto all meat kitchen stuff. We finished the dining room and made a significant dent in the dairy ware and will pack other dairy stuff we don't need (china, baking pans, etc.) tonight. Plus, I'll finish my files tonight or tomorrow before Eli leaves, so he can hoist them on the tower of boxes for me. Sometimes I forget I am pregnant and carry a box (not a heavy one!) and am reminded by the strange way said box rests against my tummy.
The best thing about this bout of packing is that the box fairies paid us a charming visit Saturday. Usually, I panic about running short of boxes, but Tony & Eric brought over gobs of them and now we have such a surplus I don't feel like I need to be conservative in my packing strategy. I love you guys!

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

Be sure you put those books-to-read in a place where you can find them. We thought we were putting our someplace logical when we moved a year ago last November, and we still haven't found them. (This is why neither of us has yet read Middlesex -- buying or borrowing another copy equals giving up. Never!

4:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home