Thursday, April 07, 2005

Nodding Off

I am so tired. Theo didn't even howl last night, although he did mew a bit around 3:00 a.m. and wriggle on me for some sweet loving, but I still didn't get a great night's sleep. People sympathetically tut and welcome me to pregnancy but I honestly have to say that I'm sleeping no worse than I did before I was pregnant. I've always had bouts of wakefulness and trouble falling asleep, even as a child. If anything, I am falling asleep more quickly now that I'm knocked up. I think part of my sleeping issue is that my biorhythms just aren't set to the 9 to 5 weekday. When I briefly wasn't working a few years ago, or when I was on summer vacation as a kid, I would go to sleep around 2:00 a.m. and wake up around 9:00 a.m. and feel fantastic. (In college I'd try not to have classes before 10, but then I was up late studying, rehearsing and, let's face it, drinking -- so that epoch isn't exactly suitable for comparison purposes.) I think it's definitely biological as my brother is similar, in as much as he prefers to skip the single digit hours of the morning. He does seem to need more sleep than I do, but most people do.

Eli is a morning person. Guess who'll be doing the 5 a.m. diaper change?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home