Tuesday, April 05, 2005

Happy half-birthday to me

Yes, I know I can't get much mileage out of it being my half-birthday now that I've passed the age of 7, but I wouldn't mind half of a birthday cake right now. The almond cake with lemon curd from Bittersweet would hit the spot.
Blogger was down yesterday and today their whole photo hosting system is wonky. That's free for you.
We had a good weekend, except for a little mix-up with our house keys. On Saturday morning we went over to the house only to find out that the keys the seller gave us at closing were the wrong keys! I, Eli and Jeremy (who was in town for his brother-in-law's surprise birthday party and staying chez nous) tried every key in every lock, even though it was obvious at first glance that none of the keys were the appropriate ones for the types of locks. When our broker called the seller, the seller insisted it was our usage and the keys were just fine. Well, finally they came over and saw immediately they were the wrong keys. Duh. We had to move our appointment to fit blinds until tonight and lost a lot of time in the hassle. We are going to switch locks, since these guys didn't exactly have high quality key control.
Sunday I did a fun 2 hour choreography workshop. At this point, I know I couldn't shimmy for 2 hours in the Super Shimmy workshop next week, but I wanted to do one workshop in addition to classes. It was rigorous, but not exhausting -- I can shimmy for 10 minutes or during a choreography, but I don't think baby would enjoy non-stop twisting shimmies.
At the surprise party Saturday night, there was a "belly dancer." This woman was about as close to Classical Mid-east dance as I am to being 6 feet tall. She was sexy as hell, but her range was limited, terribly sloppy and quite limited in technique (no variety in shimmies or arms or bumps or...). But she had really nice knockers.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home