Wednesday, April 27, 2005

Baby's first swim

I went swimming at lunch. I would have gone this morning before work, but an unnamed orange tabby started meowling at 1 in the morning and pretty much didn't stop until Eli got up at 5:30. I guess his period of silent bewilderment is over and he is back to his normal neurotic self. I preferred him befuddled and meek. Next time this happens we're locking him in the bathroom. I wake up enough times during the night to pee, flip over, run away from snoring, just because -- the caterwauling will be the straw that breaks this knocked-up camel's hump. I may have chided Eli in the past for threatening to sell him on eBay, but this morning I suggested selling him at Tony & Eric's garage sale. Put him in the 50 cent bin.
Anyway, I went swimming at lunch. Typically, at lunchtime I have to hover to get a crosstrainer or eliptical machine, so I thought the pool would be crowded. At the height of activity, there were 3 people (including me) in the 4-lane, 25 meter pool! There were more people in the sauna. The water was nice and cool -- I don't like swimming in warm water, it feels kind of icky and sort of defeats the refreshing aspect of a good swim -- and it was great not having to share a lane. I was only able to swim for 35 minutes, since I had to get back to work, but it was a nice start to getting back in the pool. After a hiatus, my lungs get a little confused the first few times I swim, but they were already better adjusted by the end of my work out. I hope to keep swimming through the last 14 weeks of my pregnancy. It felt so good and it was the first time in months my feet were less swollen after I worked out.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home