Thursday, June 02, 2005

Physically, if not mentally, back

Oof, I am tired. I haven't had much blogging motivation the past few days, since I can barely string together a coherent sentence verbally, let alone manipulate the keyboard into conveying an articulate thought. This weekend plumb-tuckered (or is that plum-tuckered?) me out, my parental units are now in town and this whole pregnancy thing is catching up with me. I need some alone time to flop on the sofa with a good book, a cat and a popsicle (Whole Foods' strawberry).
I had a good time at Wiscon this past weekend and miss hearing the elevator dryad at the Concourse Hotel saying, "Going down," in quite possibly the most provocative tone ever employed by an inanimate object. I swear, the elevator could have seduced Hal into serving humanity if she so chose. The voice in the doctor's office elevator today left me cold and wistful. I'll never meet another elevator like her.
Some panels were better than others. Some I left after 10 minutes and was gratified by my new choice. My friend, Isabel, was on two panels (one on faith and science fiction -- the monotheistic ones, since there were a lot of neo-pagans floating around -- and one on global disasters) that both went well. Best of all, I bought lots of books, both at Wiscon and on the drive home at a used bookstore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home