Tuesday, November 01, 2005

Oral fixations

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions. The pediatricians' office called and talked to Eli last night, so we're good to go. Yelena seems much better today. I've heard that these things come and go in waves, so hopefully it's low tide for a while, and not bad on the plane to LA in a couple weeks. A woman in my yoga class said her daughter started this at 3 months but didn't get a tooth until 6 months. Yikes! When my mom gets back from Finland and Prague (I know, peculiar itinerary) I will ask her when I started teething.
On other Yelena oral news, we tried the bottle with formula, since someone suggested maybe she just wants breast milk in the original packaging but would be willing to take something else, but she still wouldn't latch and didn't seem too into the weird stuff. Good news? Daddy tried dropper feeding her and she took over an ounce, which is more than she ever did with the bottle, and without fuss. I wouldn't ask a baby sitter to dropper feed her, but Eli can do it while I go to class or the gym (or maybe even the opera?!) so our baby won't starve. Ha!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home