Tuesday, May 03, 2005

The sacrifices begin

Man, a friend of mine just asked if I'd be interested in being on the Jeff committee. (For those of you non-Chicagoans, the Jeffs are basically the combined equivalent of the Tonys and Obies -- the nominating board for both equity and non-equity theatre in the Chicagoland area.) Would I ever! Free admission to well over 100 plays and the power to help determine what receives a citation and/or nomination. Catch is, I understand it's difficult enough finding a babysitter these days, let alone for 125. A couple of years ago, I would have groveled for this opportunity. First the sushi, the raw milk cheese, the booze, now this. I guess I will wait until retirement -- it seems like the perfect activity for my sixth decade.
Still, it was nice that he thought of me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home