Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Que Serra

The NYT raves about Richard Serra's new permanent installation in the Guggenheim Bilbao, citing it as one of the most important art works of the past half-century. I have always l0ved Serra -- he's undoubtedly the best sculptor since Henry Moore -- and it's wonderful that he's finally getting his due. Spain isn't really on the top of my travel list, but I think we'll need to swing by Bilbao in the next few years. (Sorry, Frank. I like you, too, but by yourself you weren't enough of an incentive.)

1 Comments:

Blogger Tony said...

When we visited the Guggenheim Bilbao in 1999, there was an exhibit of Serra's torqued spirals. It was my first exposure to his work, and I thought it was pretty cool, and also well-suited to that large space they have there.

The Guggenheim Bilbao is worth a visit, though I can't say Bilbao is my favorite place in Spain.

1:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home