Friday, December 09, 2005

The whole world in her hands

For the past month or so Yelena has been staring at her hands like a stoner. Next she discovered that they were tasty. In the past week she has really started isolating her digits, realizing that the thumb is the most scrumptious morsel, because of its size or opposableness one can only guess. Her hands have also discovered each other and that they can work in tandem, although not quite consistently. She can now clasp The Caterpillar Formerly Known as Mr. Wormy (Eli pointed out to me that worms don't have antennae, but I could not bring myself to eradicate Mr. Wormy's erstwhile identity altogether) and clumsily bring him to her mouth. Mmm, drool sauced caterpillar.
Which reminds me that a few nights ago that The Caterpillar Formerly Known as Mr. Wormy played a part in my dream. He was made of colored marshmallows and I ate his yellow head and his purple section and then realized I would have to go buy Yelena a new toy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home