Monday, August 07, 2006

Cake vs. champers


Yelena was rather wary of her first candle. Thank God I do not have a baby pyromaniac. (Yup, that's a Hanukah candle. Bad mother that I am, I forgot to pick up birthday candles or a cute little candle with a "1" on it. Reserve the therapist's couch now. At least I baked the cupcakes myself.)




Yelena was a bit puzzled at first, but ultimately enjoyed about a half of her cupcake. I had imagined a blissed out sugar frenzy, but she took it in stride, possibly because she had a big meal beforehand. She appeared to like the cake part (orange) better than the frosting (cream cheese), but neither 1/10th as much as the few spoonfuls of raspberry sorbet I slipped her the week before.
Yelena, however, adored her first taste of champagne. And her second. And her third. First birthday bubbly was not on the program. But she kept reaching for my flute with her mouth open wide. No bottle, straight from breast to flute. Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home