Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Last Dance

Last night was the final dance class of the session. Waaa! By the time the next session starts I will be approximately 36 weeks and it will go past my due date, so no can do. This was a mini 3 week session so the classes were 1.5 hours instead of an hour, so at least I got in a good fix before going on hiatus. Unless my doctor gives me an early go ahead, I should only miss 2 sessions and be back for the second fall session. I need to practice my shimmy a few times a week since I would really hate to loose it now that it's finally smooth and sustainable. Shimmying a baby is hard work -- I bet it'll be a relief once there is no one living in my pelvis. Perhaps I shall shimmy out the baby in the delivery room.
Baby does love to dance! Yesterday, the little critter was using my bladder as a pillow, banging around and causing me a bit of discomfort throughout the day. But as soon as class started it fell asleep and was calm until I got home. Swimming today, when using the kickboard to practice butterfly kicks (my butterfly stroke is pretty modified by now, since back arching is impossible), the baby kept jabbing its hands into my kidneys. First on the right then on the left. Very inconsiderate. Squatting a few times seemed to adjust it back to a mutually agreeable position.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home