Tuesday, June 14, 2005

Life Update

No scintillating news here. We're still slogging through some of the basic stuff we want done to the house before we determine it's presentable to the general public. Yesterday Eli chopped down the wild foliage growing alongside the fence of our yard, so it looks a bit less like a jungle. I hung some pictures and we finally measured our closets so we could order rods and organizers and such. I started on a mosaic table for the living room (which should be awesome, if I do say so myself) and ordered this fabric to reupholster our dining room chairs. I am doing it myself, since it is relatively easy and a hell of a lot more affordable. We just need to get some new light fixtures for the first floor, install said closet organizers once received and do one hundred other little things. Oh yeah, and shlep out to the burbs and order some baby stuff for when the baby arrives. We are trying to be as traditional as possible and not have baby stuff in the house before there is an actual baby, except for the bare minimum required for the hospital bag. (Hence, no baby showers! Yay!) Our fairy godmother's bambino is outgrowing his carseat so we are the lucky beneficiaries of a mint condition infant carseat and stroller, without which, of course, the hospital won't let us take home our baby.
I am feeling fine except for the damn @$^@%&@ing swelling. Last night in dance class I once again enviously gazed upon everyone's beautiful feet as I repeatedly pulled my leotard over my poofy, unsightly ankles. I don't mind that this enormous belly obstructed the view of belly rolls and undulations, I do mind that I am not going to be nominated Miss Pointed Toe 2005. I swam today, and my feet were briefly midway back to normal, but are now clubby again. Well, not as bad as they could be since it is mercifully cooling down a bit here. Yay! My friends all assure me that this too shall pass.
OK, I am very lucky. So far, not to tempt the fates, absolutely no back pain (except the occasional muscle tightness if I don't stretch enough after working out, but that's my own bloody fault), no rashes, no sciatica, no sinus problems, no bleeding gums, no Jeff Goldblum-in-The Fly-like hairs growing in unsightly places, so I really ought not to complain. I'm just a bit more tired and increasingly expansive. And calf cramps in the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home