Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Too darned hot

Per our contract, the seller of our house was to ensure that our A/C was charged and running come warmer weather. Of course now that it is suddenly hot in Chicago, they are radio silent, despite attempts to contact them through our attorney and our broker. We broke down today and called an independent HVAC company. Originally, they weren't available until Friday but Eli mentioned his wife was 8 months pregnant and they moved us up to tomorrow. Pregnancy has some privileges.
Only one more restless night of waking up every couple hours to drink a pint of water and wash my face. Eli slept like a dormant volcano all night -- I went in after a cool bath to kiss him goodnight, as I knew sharing a bed with anyone other than an ice elemental wouldn't be an option (Cheru did follow me around from basement to guest bedroom to bedroom and stretched out 2 inches away from me in each location, but even he didn't want to snuggle), and was almost burned by the heat radiating off him. My man's so hot! Here I am from California and once it hits 80 I need A/C while my husband slumbers sweetly. Although it typically cools down at night there. Or it did back then. I also love swimming in cold water and Eli hates it. Go figure. I typically look forward to summer, but my internal fireball masquerading as a baby has changed that.
I may have little pouches of water at the base of each of my toes but this heat is expediting produce season. Still no basil, but sugar snaps, strawberries and cherries all made their debut this week. I'll be back for more snappy goodness on Thursday.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home