Thursday, June 16, 2005

Dig out your 3-D glasses

Yesterday we went for our 32 week ultrasound. Baby is well and is currently situated in the vertex position like a good little baby, although that could always change. It's estimated at 4.15 pounds right now, in the 48th percentile. Our doctor said we should expect about a 7 pounder, which sounds good to me. The ultrasound technician said 7.5 to 8 pounds and when I repeated this to the doctor, she wrinkled her nose and shook her head and asserted a bit over 7 pounds. I choose to believe her.
Developmentally, the baby's measurements indicate that it's perfectly aligned with its August 10 due date. The 3-D part of the ultrasound was cool, except the baby's face was off to the side and facing back a bit so there was a bit of distortion as the ultrasound gets the best picture straight on in the middle of the belly. Also, the baby had its hand over different parts of its face the whole time, so we couldn't get a great full on look. Most of the time its hand was over its forehead in an exasperated gesture, "Oh, I am so weary of this womb," or maybe just, "Get that camera away from me!"
Anyway, it looks like a cute baby! Eli thinks it looks like a boy, I think it looks like a premature baby. I suspect it may have Eli's nose, but its hand was smushing down on the nose the whole time so, again, we couldn't get a great look. Eli thinks it has my chin. It already has some hair on its head, which is excellent for 32 weeks. I love a hairy baby!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home