Monday, August 01, 2005

Who needs sleep?

Nope, I haven't been cyber silent because I've had the baby. I've just been a bit listless the past few days and not in the mood for much of anything. Yesterday, our neighbors had a little shindig which Eli went to for a few hours. I was going to go, but I simply had to scrub the bathrooms, vacuum up the cat hair in every nook and cranny and make cookie dough (not cookies, just dough). Typically, I am the social one, but I couldn't bring myself to venture out yesterday and shmooze with a bunch of strangers. I think I just didn't feel like being the pregnant person.
I have also been sleeping like complete crap. I was exhausted last night after we watched When We Were Kings (an excellent documentary about the Rumble in the Jungle) but when I went to bed at 11 I just couldn't sleep. I finally gave up, wrote until after 1 and then still couldn't sleep. The last time I looked at the clock it was after 2. I dozed off, only to wake up frequently for long periods of time. In a way I can't wait to have this baby because then maybe I'll be so exhausted between feedings that I'll actually, collectively over the day, get a decent amount of sleep. At least I know how to function with sleep deprivation. I'm going to go listen to that Bare Naked Ladies song now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home