Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Very considerate developments

My goodness, this is my 300th post. Maybe the network will buy me a Porshe.
The past few nights Yelena has slept over 12 hours. Mon dieu! She's gone to bed at her regular time -- cooing herself to sleep, after some soporific boobie and cuddling -- postponed her 4:00 wake up to 5:45, and then slept until 9:00! She's still taking one nap, but she's pretty much resisting letting it go much more than an hour. Really, I'll gladly swap 20 minutes less of nap for an hour more sleep at night.
She's also been much more into table food. Saturday, at shul, she ate most of my lunch: babaganosh, humus, guacomole, the vinegary tomatoes from the salad, pita, egg salad. Man, she is crazy for babaganosh -- I guess my passion for eggplant was passed to her through my breast milk. This past week she also added beans to her repitoire. They weren't hot, but they were pretty garlicky and oniony. When we went to sushi for my birthday she ate gobs of tofu and eagerly slurped 5 large spoonfuls of my miso before I realized she probably had just consumed her sodium intake for the week. (Other parents give their kids fries, mine likes miso.) She also ate her first gnocchi in homemade tomato sauce and loves the carrot kugel recipe from Marsha. It's been great truly integrating her into dinner time.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home