Monday, October 23, 2006

Person I used to know

I wasn't even thinking of doing an entry about him on my new blog (yes yes, will be under construction for some time, working on a few other things here, probably shouldn't have even posted about it), but here is the first person to make Crain's 40 Under 40 list who was at my wedding. Yes, techie friends abroad, I know -- well, knew -- Jason Fried. I even almost dated him, but that is an amusing story best told in person. And he is really a ton cuter than his picture.
There's nothing like the 40 Under 40 list to make one feel like an underachiever. (Cue Morrissey: We Hate It When Our Friends [and friends of friends] Become Successful.) Not that it's ever been a particular ambition of mine to make the 40 under 40 list; if it were, I probably wouldn't have left the scintillating world of commercial real estate finance and, perhaps, even applied myself to it. Anyway, I have 6 more years, who knows what I will accomplish? And you nasty little smart asses thinking, "Yeah, if they have a Stay at Home Moms under 40 List," well, you can just, just, just, shut up. Waaaa. It's not easy being green, man.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home