Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Squats and giggles

I'm a total postapotamus today. I don't need a nap when I sleep until 9.
Yelena is currently on a "Hi," boycott. Oh well, it was cute while it lasted and I'm sure there will be many a repeat performance, just on her schedule, not ours.
She is very much into her own schedule; fortunately, she is very sweet tempered about it, so we can't really mind too much. At physical therapy last week, she was squating down to pick things up and coming back up on her own. Evette was surprised and declared that this skill was more advanced than walking. Damnit, Yelena, haven't you read the book? Don't you know you're supposed to do things in a specific order, like all the other kids?
Speaking of all the other kids, here's an interesting article about TV watching and autism on Slate. I think they're really on to something. (Four hours a day?! For a toddler?) Sure, Yelena may not be mobile but at least she doesn't greet me with a blank stare.
We have a new game. When I ask her, "What does a cow say?" her eyes light up. She has always loved a good moo. Last week I asked her and said, "A cow says... mmm," a few times and each time she squeaked in anticipation, releasing with a giggle fit when I finally uttered the long-awaited moo. It only works so-so with other animal noises. She also cracks up when I sing something really high and then sing it really low. I love my giggle-puss.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home